Just a few notes on upcoming classes in the SF Bay Area, links to a couple of radio show appearances, a book update, and other morsels. And if you like what you’re reading here, be sure to sign up for Pickle News for fresh pickle happenings in your inbox.
Happy Summer, Food Eaters! Surely you’re knee-deep in homemade jam by now.
- Japanese Pickles talk, July 19, The Women’s Building, with author Matthew Amster-Burton (Hungry Monkey and his new one, Pretty Good Number One)
- Plus more classes to come in the fall!
- From awesome foodie radio show The Splendid Table
- From KQED’s Forum
BOOKS AND E-COOKBOOKS
I am working on final edits for Asian Pickles, the print book, which will be out in March of 2014. In the interim I have a series of e-cookbooks featuring some of its content, including:
Asian Pickles Japan – featuring umeboshi, wasabi pickled carrots, and more
Asian Pickles Korea – with 16 classic kimchi and banchan ideas
Asian Pickles China - (pre-order now; available in August)
Asian Pickles India - (pre-order now; available November)
STILL READING THIS?
Really? Because you may be the only one. Or my mom. Or both.
Here are some great preserving recipes from my blog and my Saveur.com column to prod your taste buds along -
- Key Lime Curd (Saveur)
- Chile-Spiced Strawberry Syrup and Shrub (Saveur)
- Green Strawberry Salsa (That’s Actually Pink) (KSolomon.com)
Happy canning! XoXo,
- Green Strawberry Salsa Recipe (That’s Actually Pink)
- Bloody Mary-Critical Dilly Pickled Green Beans Recipe